Skip to Main Content
[ mobile menu wrapper ]

CARES Act Student Emergency Aid Application

Wallace State understands that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many students are facing unexpected financial challenges. The federal CARES Act has provided a limited amount of emergency grant money to be awarded to eligible students (please see below for eligibility criteria). Emergency grant fund requests must be related to COVID-19. The emergency grant funds can be used for eligible expenses such as food, housing, course materials, academic assistance, technology, health care, and child care.

Application Closed


Eligibility Criteria:

  • Must have been enrolled in at least one traditional course during the 2020 spring semester

  • Must be a degree-seeking student.

  • Must be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen.

  • Must have a valid Social Security number.

  • Enrollment was impacted by COVID-19 and have expenses incurred for housing, food, course materials, technology, healthcare, or childcare.

  • Must not be enrolled in a fully online program.

Application Process:

  • Complete the online application.

  • Application will be accepted until all funds are expended.

  • Applications will be reviewed weekly and you will be notified via the e-mail provided on your application of approval or denial.

  • You should receive notification within 10 business days of submitting your application. 

 Award Amounts and Disbursement:

  • CARES Emergency Grants are a one-time award.

  • The expected grant award amount will range from $25-$2,000.

  • Grant aid will be issued via check, within 7 business days of your application being approved.

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I use the money?
CARES Emergency grants should be used for expenses incurred due to COVID-19.

If I have a balance with Wallace State, will my grant be applied towards my balance?
No, your grant will be issued to you directly, even if you have a balance. If you have an outstanding balance with WSCC, you may use your CARES grant to pay your balance through the accepted payment methods.

Who do I contact if I have questions?
For Title IV eligibility question, please contact WSCC Financial Aid at
For application submission or review questions please contact