(Left to Right) Mary Lauren Davis, Matthew Bell, Zachary Glenn, Claire Allen, Laura Richards and Sarah Henry.
Not Pictured: James Arnold, Carly Stewart and Kayla Mauldin
The Wallace State Lion Leader Program is comprised of outstanding students desiring leadership development. The Lion Leaders represent the College in many capacities at both on- and off-campus events and activities. This position is one of high esteem and a source of self-enrichment as these students strive to be role models within the College and community.
What are the benefits of becoming a Lion Leader?
- A $500 scholarship each semester (each student must volunteer a minimum of 20 hours each semester during fall and spring semester);
- Development of personal growth, self-esteem, and leadership skills;
- Unparalleled experience in public relations, event planning and execution;
- The opportunity to network with community and civic leaders in order to building a resume and contacts;
- Being known as a campus leader with occasions to engage with and learn from faculty and staff.
What duties are performed by a Lion Leader?
- Representing Wallace State at assigned events including: fundraising functions; Career Coaching activities; Future Foundation and Alumni Association luncheons, meetings, and other special events;
- Assisting in marketing events through social media;
- Participating in photo shoots for promotional materials;
- Making presentations, greeting guests or giving campus tours;
- Using his or her unique talents to advance the College;
- Working in the Future Foundation and Alumni Association Office as needed.
- Must be a currently admitted WSCC student and enrolled by the fall semester;
- Must be in good academic standing with a 2.75 or higher GPA (WSCC or high school);
- Must complete the Lion Leader Application Packet and interview process.
- Dedication to the organization and ability to commit required hours;
- Sincere desire to represent WSCC and to be a student leader;
- Ability to adapt to a variety of situations;
- Ability to make a positive first impression and to work well with others;
- Responsibility, dependability, and enthusiasm;
- Student Alumni Association members will receive priority for Lion Leader positions.
Lion Leaders are chosen through the Future Foundation online scholarship application process.
Click here for more information regarding the process and application dates.